Friday, 2 January 2015

Reflection on 2014

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a fantastic 2014 and has an even better year this year. I had quite an eventful year from my best friend having her second baby, to losing friends to getting my very first job and everything else in between! I've entered 2015 a better and stronger person. I don't agree with new year, new me because at the end of the day it's just a new year, another day, but I left all the negativity in 2014 and it's time to make more new memories.

This time last year I wrote a blog post about positivity and happiness, I'm so so so glad that I did as I have a very strong opinion about being positive and happy. I am happier now than I was this time last year or even 6 months ago, all the people who were negative and holding me back I have left and moved on from and I haven't regretted it since.

I keep telling myself that I need to be happy, for me and not to try and please everyone else. I spent a lot of time focusing on making a certain person happy which resulted into me losing them anyway, I don't regret what happened, but it's the time you waste on a person that doesn't really care for you that could upset and hurt you the most.

I must say, I don't always chose the right decision but it's better to try than give up and regret it. Just remember, don't regret anything because at the time it's exactly what you wanted.

I feel stronger now than I ever have done, this is probably because I've got rid of all the negativity around me and I'm more independent. In September I got myself a job, at Starbucks! My very first job! In the summer I had handed CV's and application forms out to many stores, this is because I didn't want to go back to college in September, as I didn't like it too much. When I got no where with finding myself a job, I decided to go back to college and study business which I am sooo happy about. Only a week into college I got a phone call asking if I wanted to go in for a interview, I was so glad that by the end of that week I had myself the job. I really enjoy it and making my own money feels amazing.

Last year I pushed myself completely out my comfort zone and took some big risks, some were worth it and some weren't, but in the end I'm very happy and that's all that matters to me.

Just remember at the end of the day, it's your life, you need to make sure you're happy because your happiness comes first. Make yourself your number one priority and don't let anybody change that, your the only person who can make things happen for yourself, I've definitely learnt that!


I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and New Year, here's to 2015!

                                                        love Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment