Monday, 18 August 2014

Black smokey eye with nude lips

A favourite look of mine is a black smokey eye with heavy contouring and a nude lip. I've created a little look that is perfect for a night out, party and especially for the winter season. 

       
For this look I used Maybelline Better skin foundation and concealer, I applied my foundation using a Real Techniques Buffing brush. I then filled in my eyebrows with a angled brush and NYX cake powder in Blonde. Then I used a mix of Blackheart & Darkside from Urban Decay Naked 3 on my lids using the brush that comes with the palette then blended I also ran a mix of those two shadows on my bottom lash line instead of applying eyeliner. I like to use Sellotape which isn't too sticky to put on the corners of my eyes to keep the shape then remove it before blending, it really helps keep a straight line. After I used Peaches and Cream loose eyeshadow in Wicked all over the lid. To highlight my brow one I used Strange also from the Naked 3 palette. I curled my lashes and applied a few coats of Maybelline Great Lash mascara. 

Moving back to my face I used my Better Skin concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes as I've recently had a breakout. To blend my concealer I love to use my ELF angled contour brush, it's sooo soft and blends so well. I used Loreal glam bronzer to contour and used Benefits Highbeam to highlight. I set all my makeup with Rimmel stay matte powder. On my lips I used Maybelline Coloursensational 725 Tantaulizing Taupe.

 
                                                   love rachel x

4 comments:

  1. Great look! Beautifully done :)

    http://www.leviniasbeautyblog.co.uk XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    I really like your Blog! You have interesting Stuff on it. Do you want to follow each other via GFC? If yes please comment on my Blog that you followed me and than i follow you back :).

    Greetings and Kisses from Germany
    www.sophias-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear, I am totally inlove with your blog :) Lovely style! Would you like to follow each other? Let me know and as soon as possible I follow you back. Have a nice day. Kisses :))
    http://szepsegpotty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete