Tuesday, 26 August 2014

60's Twiggy inspired makeup

A big trend this Autumm/Winter is 60s inspired fashion and makeup. I love 1960s fashion, hair and makeup so I've decided to create a makeup look inspired by the famous Twiggy. 

In the 1960's Lesley Hornby AKA Twiggy, started to model and by the mid 60s she became a prominent British teenage model. She was known for her short hair, long eyelashes and large eyes. In 1966 the Daily Express named her "The Face of 1966". 
(http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twiggy) 

    

For this makeup look I used.. 
Maybelline Better Skin Foundation 
ELF blush - Blushing Rose 
NYX eyebrow cake - Blonde 
MAC Vanilla eyeshadow 
Maybelline The Rocket Volum' express mascara 
NYX jumbo eyeliner - Milk
Miss Sporty Studio lash liquid eyeliner - Black 
Loreal Gel Intenza - 03 Violet Black 
Maybelline Coloursensational - 725 

Real Techniques - Fine liner brush & Multi task brush 
ELF - Stipple brush 
Urban Decay Naked 3 brush 
Eyelash curlers 

  

Apply a small amount of foundation all over your face, I used a stippling brush as I wanted a light coverage. Then apply a blusher that's quite natural looking, as you want to keep your face looking quite natural. It's optional to fill in your eyebrows, but Twiggys were quite full and had quite a arch. I used MAC Vanilla eyeshadow all over my lids then used a liquid eyeliner along my upper lash line. For the inner top line I used a pencil eyeliner. On the bottom waterline I used a white eyeliner to open up my eyes to make them look slightly bigger than they are. Using a thin brush I ran some gel eyeliner through the crease, this was so messy to do as I'm really impatient and I opened my eyes too early to it smudged so bad, as you can tell on the photos. Take your time, hahaha. After this curl your lashes and apply lots and lots of mascara! You could add false lashes if your eyelashes aren't very long. I drew little thinker lines whee my bottom eyelashes are to give the effect of clumpy, thick eyelashes. I then applied a nude lipstick. 


                                                      love rachel x


2 comments:

  1. Great Post and nice Blog! Would you like to follow each other? If yes, follow me i follow back as soons as possible !

    Keep in Touch xx rabea <3
    http://rabeasbeautytipps.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete