Thursday, 19 June 2014

Disappointing products.. :(

Hellooo, I've recently been trying out some products I've not used before and I've got to admit they were abit of a disappointment. 

       

Firstly, the two MAC lipsticks, now I know you may be shocked at to why I've been slightly let down by these. The colour are Pink Noveau (satin formula) and Candy Yum-Yum (matte formula) they are really pigmented so the colour pay off is amazing! But they're sooo drying, which is why I feel let down by them. I'll probably purchase more MAC lipsticks as I do still like them, I usually just apply a clear lip balm over the top so they don't dry my lips. I'm not saying I don't like them, it's just they're really drying. 

The Revlon Lash Potion mascara is quite good, I did quite like it but it didn't do what it was advertised which was to help volumise and lengthen your lashes. It does make your lashes look slightly longer but when it drys your lashes feel hard. Also the brush is quite big which I'm not too sure about as when it comes to mascara I'm quite clumsy and I get it all over my eyelids! 

The NYX Above & Beyond full coverage concealer is my biggest let down. I purchased shade 01 Porcelin without colour matching first, it is sooo light, so it's good for highlighting but it's really drying and really hard to blend, it does give quite a high coverage but I find it doesn't apply well at all, especially on top of foundation. 

Next is Maybelliene Baby Skin primer, this is so overrated in my opinion. It does make your skin quite smooth but I think it just sits on your skin so when I applied my foundation I felt like it when on quite thin and doesn't really set. I don't think it helps makeup stay on longer as the primer is so thick. 

The Maybeliene Eyestudio Lasting Drama gel eyeliner is my final product I'm going to talk about. I've used this numerous times in college as it was part of my college kit (as was the Babyskin primer) every time I've used this gel eyeliner it has taken sooo long to remove it, I'm aware it is a 24hr eyeliner but when removing it, it makes my eyes abit sore. It also takes a while to dry and I'm so impatient. 

 These are only my opinions so I'm aware some people may disagree with what I've said, but all thoughts are my own. 

                                                           love rachel x



4 comments:

  1. That's such a shame! A good dupe for the MAC Yum Yum is the Maybelline New York Color Sensational Vivids Lipcolor in Fuchsia Flash, its amazing :) x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, I'll have to give it a try! :) x

      Delete
  2. Oh no, its a shame that you didn't find Maybelline's Primer any good - I've been wanting to try that for ages, but it doesn't sound too good!
    Amy x
    www.perksofbeingamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete