Thursday, 19 June 2014

7 beauty products for the summer

Hellooo, it's summer time! This means it's time for a tan, glowing skin and beach wave hair! 

I'm so excited for the summer, I love wearing dresses and skirts with a tan as it makes me feel so much better about myself. I used the St.Moriz tan in medium, I've ualways used this tan and I personally don't think there's anything wrong with it. It doesn't apply streaky or look orange. I like to use the medium shade as it's not too dark so it looks quite natural. A few weeks ago when I was at Beauty Uk in Birmingham me and my mam bought some Fake Bake tinted body glow, it gives the most amazing shimmer to your skin! Applying this on top of the tan looks beautiful, you can also use it without the tan and it still looks just as good. 

Everyone loves soft skin, am I right? I recently realised I have about 4 tubs of the Soap & Glory Righteous Butter and I've been using it everyday and my skin does feel softer. It's really important to scrub and moisturise before fake tanning and also in the summer the heat can dry out your skin so it's important to moisturise. 

        

Talking about soft skin the Simple deep cleansing face mask is amazing, it keeps your face so hydrated and soft. I usually use it once a week then cleanse, tone and moisturise using all Simple products. I'm actually almost out of this tube of face mask so I'll need to repurchase a new one soon. 

People often forget to protect and keep their lips moisturised during the summer (including me from time to time) but last year Maybelliene brought out their Baby lip, lip balms just in time for the summer and for me going on my holiday to Turkey, I picked up this one which is sooo hydrating. I applied it time numerous times each day in the summer, especially on holiday when it was really hot! It helped protect my lips and kept them soft. 

A perfect nail colour for the summer is a pale pink/nude, I'm really not a fan of my nails at all, I absolutely hate doing them, it's such a chore! So for the past 2 months I've constantly had Sinful Colors - Easy Going on my nails. It's such a great colour for every day wear and goes with literally everything. 

In the summer I love dewy, contoured and glowy skin, but who doesn't? I got Benefit's High Beam at Christmas and for a while I was like err, hmm, I'm not sure if I like it. Every time if applied it I just didn't like the finish, anyway lately I've been messing on with it and I've finally started to apply it nicely in a way that I love. This highlighter gives such a lovely glow to your skin, I just lurveeeee it so it's definitely worth the pricey price tag. 

                                           Let me know what your summer essentials are.. 
                                                                   love rachel x

10 comments:

  1. Love fake tan for the summer :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing products, all of them!! I own the babylips in the orange colour version! I love it! I just found your blog and I just started following you! I hope that I see you around my place too and maybe do the same ?! Keep in touch!!
    Maria xox
    http://aresmar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought the Simple face mask the other, wish I had now, sounds fab! (:
    Lovely post!

    Kelly x

    http://thebellevieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the Simple products I have tried are absolutely amazing!! A skin are routine is coming soon and all products are from Simple :) x

      Delete
  4. hey!
    Nice post :) and nice blog, also :)
    I'm following you. You can check out my last post on my blog [ombre nails]: http://ninalavitaebella.blogspot.com/2014/07/ombre-nails.html

    have a nice day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. l absolutely fell in love with your blog, following you!<3
    Make sure you also check out my blog and follow me as well.

    http://fashionableperfection.blogspot.nl/

    Love John Setrodipo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, I'm going to check out your blog now! :) x

      Delete
  6. Love your post)want to try some of these products but we dont have them in Russia)maybe I should order them online)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all these products.. great post. You have a lovely blog x

    www.beautyisacreationofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete