Tuesday, 20 May 2014

National makeup awards - BeautyUK

Hellooo, this past weekend I've been to Birmingham to take part in the National Makeup Artist competition! I feel so lucky to have been there and taking part, although I didn't win I'm still so glad I took part as it was such a good experience and it means so much to me thst I've made so many people proud. 

It helped me so much with my confidence, I was abit worried that I'd be pressured and I wouldn't enjoy it but when I got there I completely forgot anyone was even there! I never felt pressured at all, I focused on what I was doing and I felt completely fine. Everytime someome asked me "Are you nervous?" I would reply "Not really, I don't think it'll sink in what I'm doing until I've actually done it" which I true, I wasn't too nervous although it's now a day later and only starting to sink on that I stood doing makeup in front of hundreds of people yesterday! Hahaha. I pushed myself completely put of my comfort zone, I've done makeup for events before but this is the first ever competition I have entered! 

The categories were Bridal: English rose or Asian wedding. I also took part in the second part of the competition which was Glamour: 1920's Great Gatsby or The Oscars. I chose to do English rose and The Great Gatsby. There was also Fantasy: Game of Thrones which was special effects which I didn't take part in. I had to create a full overall look of hair, makeup and outfit. A hairdressing student from the college came along and styled the hair for me. 

                                      
       
                                      

       
                                        

           
                                        
                                        
                                                     Products used for English Rose 
                                                      Urban Decay Naked 3 palette 
                                                       MAC Cranberry eyeshadow 
                                                     Loreal Perfect Match concealer 
                                                   Loreal Nude Magique BB powder 
                                                       Benefit They're real mascara 
                                                                Benefit Browzings 
                                                         MAC eyeshadow in Carbon 
                                                                   YSL foundation 
                                                                Loreal Glam bronze 
                                                                  Benefit Coralista 
                                                         MAC Silver Dusk highlighter 
                                                       MAC lipstick in Pink Nouveau 
                                               Max Factor lip liner in 04 Pink Princess 

                                                    Products used for The Great Gatsby 
                                                                 YSL foundation 
                                             MAC eye shadows in Vanilla, Carbon & Humid 
                                                                Benefit Browzings 
                                                              Loreal Glam bronze 
                                                                Benefit Coralista 
                                                        Benefit They're real mascara 
                                                        MAC Silver Dusk highlighter 
                                                     Loreal Perfect Match concealer 
                                                   Loreal Nude Magique BB powder 
                                                           MAC lip liner in Currant 
                                                            MAC lipstick in Rebel 
       
am so grateful to have been entered into the competition by my college tutor and for all the help she has given me in the past year. 

                                                              love rachel x

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to a gatsby party soon! This looks so fun xx
    Katherine Rose | Uk Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Just followed your blog and love the posts, I've just got a blog started and it would cool if you could follow back? Thanks, Ellie :)
    http://3llieblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete