Monday, 2 September 2013

August favourites!

Hello everyone, these are my favourites from August! 

So many people rave about beauty blenders and how amazing they are but I never wanted to go and pay over £15 for a sponge so I looked on Amazon and came across this for 99p so I thought I'd but it and give it a try. It's quite good, it really helps blend in my foundation, I defiantly recommend it to anyone wanting to try a beauty sponge but for less than £5! You can also get different shapes, I will defiantly be purchasing another one! 

Last year I got a sample of Benefits Porefessional and I instantly fell in love with it, it's taken me sooo soo long to purchase the full sized product but I finally have and I'm so happy I did. As it's high end it's quite pricey but is defiantly worth it! It leaves your skin so smooth which helps foundation stay on longer and looks smooth on the skin. If you're looking for a primer which will really benefit your skin I defiantly recommend this as its just absolutely amazing! 

My second Benefit product is They're real! Mascara, it's took me so long to purchase this and I can't believe I never bought it sooner, it's the best mascara I have tried, I've used it every day since I bought it and it's amazing. I always curl my eyelashes before applying mascara this defiantly helps the appearance of your eyelashes, like the primer it is quite expensive but is defiantly worth the price. 

On holiday the last thing I wanted it to be wearing a thick foundation if I only needed a small amount of coverage so I decided to purchase Maybellines BB cream. I never used it before but everyday on holiday I would apply it and as it has SPF 30 in it's great for during the day as I couldn't really tell I was wearing it, my face never burned whilst on holiday and it's thanks to this ad it's the only product I used on my face. It gives low to medium coverage but is very good to use on holiday or if you only want a small amount of coverage. 
 
Baby Lips lip balms are really good, they keep your lips so moisturised and with the SPF in it really helps protect you're lips from becoming dry in the warm temperature. I used mine every day on holiday and I'm so happy I did, now I know why everyone raved about them so much. 

For the last year I've used ELF face spray to help keep your make up to last longer,
Keep it in place and help refresh your face, it was really good but before I went on holiday and ran out so I purchased Collection Fix Me Up spray, I used it every night on holiday, it kept my make up in place and helped it stay on longer, I'm so happy I purchased it as when I don't use it I can really tell the difference as my make up doesn't last as long, defiantly recommend to anyone looking for a spray to keep your make up on longer, I purchased it from Superdrug it was about £4.99. 


A few music favourites have been; Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop and Lana Del Ray - Summertime Sadness. They're such good songs, lately I have listened to them both so much recently. 

Also, on holiday I read Lauren Conrad Beauty book, it's fantastic. It's really helped me understand more on make up, usually I never read a book all the way through but I was devastated when I finished it. My 10 year old cousin loved it too, she wants to lend it off me to read it herself, she would sit and match my make up brushes with what products they went with, this book has defiantly helped me so much and has really inspired me! Defiantly give it a read if you love make up, beauty or hair as it's so interesting. 

                   Love Rachel x

9 comments:

  1. I really want to try one of these make up sponges, I've heard so many good things about them! I think I might have a look on Amazon :)

    Rachel
    xx


    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have to wash them like once or twice a week but they're great for applying make up so check them out! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely not one to spend £15 on a sponge when there's so much cheaper alternatives!

    Love your blog, now following you. Also, I'm from the north east too!

    http://mintsunday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely picks for the month! they're definitely some of our favourites too, especially the babylips! We've also been eyeing benefit's porefessional for a while now!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are looking for a great primer definitely try the Porefessional as it's so worth the money!

      Delete
  4. Check out my blog and follow if you like :D

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post! So interesting!
    -Your newest follower

    Letters from The Vintage Club

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh those beauty blenders sound interesting and it's so nice you got something relatively cheaper! x following you now :)

    Feel free to check out my blog :)

    http://theilyxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got to love Benefit :) I'm obsessed with their mascara! xxx

    ReplyDelete